S-J here, I have so many lemons! So today I thought I would share my favourite Lemon Biscuit & Lemon Honey Recipe! They are both Allyson Gofton recipe's who I had the fortune and privilege to work with for a few years.
I was her recipe tester, prop stylist, food stylist and food assistant on her recipe books, 'Next' and 'Taste' magazines and 13 years on Food in a Minute. While filming, I had my own kitchen where I prepped the ingredients ready for every part of the filming. I would shop each night for the next day to make sure we had up to 10x ingredients for each recipe, this would ensure we were covered for retakes and lighting tweaks. During this time I had baby Poppy, who is now in her 20's. My mum would bring her on set to have her lunch time Breast feed. Our director Rob McLaughlin would call our lunch break upon her arrival.
Cuddles all round! It was such a great journey with Allyson, she is so energetic, encouraging and loving to all.
I made a 1/2 batch as there is only Jerome and I !!
Hint - I keep all nuts, seeds and coconut in the freezer to ensure freshness
- 250 grams butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- grated rind 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease 1-2 baking trays or line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind together well, until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flours and add to the creamed mixture with the coconut. Mix gently.
- Place large teaspoonful lots of the mixture on the prepared trays. Press down with the tines of a floured fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a cake rack to cool. Once cold store in an airtight container.
Leave a Comment